Monday, June 11, 2012

Setting up the classroom library

I am currently working on setting up my classroom library. When I taught first grade I had a great supply of books but now that I am teaching third grade I have to rethink the library. I had many amazing teachers/parents donate books and I purchased many at a warehouse sale but now I am stuck on how to organize them.  In third grade, the students learn a lot about genres so I decided to align my classroom library with that. It worked for about the first 15 baskets but now I have books scattered all over my room with no home... yet. I know they will all fit somewhere- I just have to figure out a way that will work best.  If you have any suggestions- feel free to let me know!
The slow start to the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment